We are working with a leading global provider of engineered solutions and advanced materials whose local plant located in Minneapolis. They are looking for engaging Maintenance Manager to help take this team to the next level. They are publicly held company, conducts business in over 90 countries and operate 18 production locations across the world. Great environment that prides themselves in being problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts by keeping true to their values of their people and customers.
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager and has overall responsibility for the remediation, repair, preventative and predictive maintenance of the facility. The position requires technical knowledge and the ability to lead the maintenance team. Responsible for effective management of maintenance budgets to meet the operating plan for the facility.
- Focusing on understanding the manufacturing processes and other external factors on the durability of final product performance.
- Linking the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of full manufacturing process.
- Partnering with team members and cross-functional stakeholders to identify, develop, and utilize textile characterization and ageing capabilities.
- Leverage forensic analysis tools to understand textile impact on product failure and durability risk.
- Accomplishes maintenance Human Resources objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves maintenance operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides support to production by maintaining mechanical and/or electrical systems in good working order to minimize downtime.
- Identifies needs, plans and executes upgrades to facilities and machinery as required.
- Works closely with engineering team on capital projects for new, modified or added equipment.
- Partners with Engineering support to respond to requests for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems or is the engineering resource to repair the issue, if applicable.
- Complies with codes by adhering to requirements; advising senior management on needed actions.
- Leads self and team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate safety measures are in place for a safe work environment.
- Shares best practices with other facilities and leaders
- Oversees supplies inventory to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for material; reviewing and approving invoices;
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; ensuring preventive maintenance performance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manages third party contractors and vendors as required to meet the needs of the facility.
- Implements and supports Total Predictive Maintenance Programs -TPM
- Maintains an Asset Management program to capture data to improve the overall machine efficiency through predictive maintenance and continuous reductions in downtime.
- Up to 10% travel
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical, or electrical engineering or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- Must have at least 3 + years of maintenance or maintenance engineering experience.
- 3 + years of experience with Total Predictive Maintenance Programs -TPM
- Preference given to candidates with 3- 5 + years of Engineering experience in related Industry field.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.