Manager External Reporting
Our logistics client is looking for a Manager of External Reporting. You will provide leadership to a high growth, dynamic organization.
Our high growth client has an excellent opportunity for a Manager of External Reporting to assist with defining this function and establishing the foundation to accommodate aggressive growth of the business. You will be not only technically sound but bring excellent leadership skills and be motivated by an entrepreneurial culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Company’s external reporting responsibilities including timely and accurate preparation of annual and periodic reporting filings, including financial statements and other schedules to support these filings.
- Manage the quarterly and annual external reporting process, coordinating with both the external auditor and internal accounting personnel.
- Ensure close coordination with external auditors and internal process owners.
- Develop, document and maintain processes, policies and internal controls.
- Interact with senior management as part of the reporting process and act as an internal resource for guidance on external reporting and technical accounting
- Responsible for the (i) accounting for stock-based compensation; (ii) reconciliation of shares outstanding; and (iii) calculations of basic and diluted earnings per share.
- Assist with monthly management reporting.
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of technical accounting issues and financial transactions to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and/or interpretations thereof.
- Ensure all external reporting requirements are clearly documented and kept current.
- Support special projects and unique analyses related to acquisitions, financing transactions, impairment testing, and other corporate-level initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience, including public accounting and/or industry experience.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP rules/regulations, as well as related reporting requirements.
- Strong ability to research accounting/reporting issues and document conclusions in a well-articulated technical accounting memo.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to continually prioritize workload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preference to Candidates with Public accounting experience with one of the Big 4 accounting firms