Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting
Our logistics client is looking for a Manager of Technical Accounting & Reporting. In this role you will provide leadership to a high growth, dynamic organization.
Our high growth client has an excellent opportunity for a Manager or Technical Accounting and Reporting to assist with defining this function and establishing the foundation to accommodate aggressive growth of the business. You will be not only technically sound but bring excellent leadership skills and be motivated by an entrepreneurial culture. The position of the Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager will offer the opportunity to be involved with a broad range of technical accounting topics and reporting requirements.
Roes & Responsibilities:
- Research US GAAP and document accounting conclusions in formal memos. Work with external auditors to support accounting positions.
- Key player in understanding and adopting new accounting standards. Remain current and proactive on new and updated accounting standards affecting the company.
- Partner with accounting and finance personnel, as well as external auditors, to identify, assess, and conclude on complex accounting matters.
- Ensure all Accounting policies are clearly documented and kept current.
- Assist with external audits and work with outside auditors regarding accounting and reporting topics.
- Develop, document and maintain processes, policies and controls at a level required by SOX.
- Assist with annual goodwill impairment testing.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- 4+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience, including public accounting experience with technical accounting research responsibilities
- Strong technical accounting and research skills
- Experience with US GAAP accounting standards, including the ability to assess, analyze and thoroughly document accounting positions
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, create pivot tables and summarize data from multiple sources.
- Ability to multi-task and drive closure to open issues.
- Preferred Public accounting experience with one of the Big Four accounting firms.