Manager, Technical Accounting-Revenue
Our highly complex, multi-billion dollar, global client has a newly created opportunity for a Manager of Technical Accounting, Revenue. Be part of our clients transformation!
This position leads our global multi-billion dollar client's global revenue accounting policies and US GAAP. This position will operationalize ASC 606 and establish a global revenue accounting governance and review process and design internal controls to ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting. This role will serve as a to global finance, accounting and business teams to support budgeting, forecasting and accounting activities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research and prepare written technical accounting policies and positions for current revenue recognition policies and ad hoc technical memos for non-standard revenue transactions
- Review contracts for implementation of appropriate revenue recognition observing relevant accounting literature and revenue recognition policy
- Analyze revenue accounting matters for new projects and products; provide comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions proposed. Work with Senior Director of Financial Reporting and Policy and Corporate Controller to develop and document accounting conclusions
- Update relevant accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with Legal, Customer, Accounting and Business Finance teams to provide guidance and regular training on accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition
- Develop technical analyses for the revenue operations team; review, validate and reevaluate essential assumptions
- Support the group in drafting financial statement analytics and disclosures as well as developing new financial schedules and management reporting
- Help establish global revenue processes and strategy in partnership with Finance team
- Analyze and support new programs; determine associated accounting treatment, and communicate financial statement impact to senior management
- Participate in and help lead essential accounting projects including audit readiness and management reporting
Required Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, CPA (Active) required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in big 4 public accounting and/or industry; multinational experience a plus
- Strong foundation in US GAAP and advanced experience with ASC 606 and ASC 340; knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data; HFM, Essbase and Oracle ERP experience a plus
- Experience reviewing, interpreting sales contracts, and translating into a revenue recognition framework
- Strong financial modeling experience.