This exciting role is responsible for manufacturing processes that achieve maximum process and cost efficiency while achieving performance and quality standards. Determines cost and routes for new product and maintains current products record’s structure to ensure effective control of documentation. Assures operational readiness, determines factory capability, workflow, space requirements, and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops methods for manufacturing as technologies and equipment change. Creates and maintains process documentation in support of these changes.
- Develops cost estimates for new and updated products. Applies value engineering techniques to reduce manufacturing cost of existing products.
- Assesses the overall manufacturability of new designs in terms of manufacturing efficiency and cost effectiveness. Provides input to, or determines, make/buy decisions based on cost, quality and capacity.
- Provides alternative manufacturing or design options that ensure intended performance, quality, schedule and cost requirements, while allowing lead times to be met.
- Provides support to internal groups and external suppliers in resolving quality, productivity and routine technical issues related to new and existing products during all phases of the product life cycle.
- Assesses the need for capital equipment and tooling and manages the associated procurement and implementation.
- Represents the manufacturing function on product and project development teams. Drives operational readiness in support of new product launch.
- Assists with the qualification of new suppliers and components by determining and establishing requirements, in conjunction with other internal groups.
- Applies lean methods, six sigma methods, and leads initiatives to reduce non-value add activity to drive productivity, enhance quality and maximize production resources.
- Drives resolution of manufacturing issues to drive productivity, enhance quality and maximize production resources.
- Strong communication skills and places emphasis on developing strong employee relations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required (manufacturing, industrial, electrical or mechanical preferred)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-3+ years of experience (internships included)
- Knowledge of process routing and costing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer and software skills (2D CAD or 3D modeling such as Solidworks is a plus.)
- Ability to work with a high degree of personal discipline
- Good presentation skills
- Technical aptitude
- Willingness to provide support coverage on multiple shifts
- Prior manufacturing experience supporting electrical and/or mechanical production is helpful.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.