The Manufacturing Engineer will utilize their knowledge of lean principals to help provide strategy and lead improvement activities across precision machining operations.
This role is responsible for improving and sustaining production efficiencies and automation projects while achieving Safety, Quality, and operational performance goals.
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive the research, justification, and implementation of capital projects.
- Project responsibility will include providing technical guidance, specifying, and implementing capital improvements- This will require you to apply your machining expertise to help identify and select automation equipment that will maximize machine utilization and automate processes.
- Identify value-add and non-value add process steps
- Lean champion, leading improvement activities in manufacturing.
- Develop metrics.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve production flow issues. Initiate process improvements and training documentation.
- Initiate and update routings and bills of materials, providing clear instructions.
- Develop and maintain production documentation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- Previous manufacturing experience in a high-precision machining environment (CNC Lathes, 5-axis milling, wire EDM, precision grinding)
- Demonstrated understanding and application of lean manufacturing principals and tools
- Prefer experience in automation solutions, for example: machining centers with pallet systems and/or robotics application.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven history of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.