Our client has been manufacturing custom processing equipment for manufacturers all over the world for over 50+ years. They have earned the reputation as the premiere, high value manufacturer in the industries they service with custom designs. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that keeps the majority of its manufacturing capacity in-house, conducts large scale R&D test runs, sheet metal fabrication and assembly, building complete systems that are started up with customer inspection on-site.
Job description: Manufacturing Manager
Provide direct leadership to the final assembly team, ensuring products are assembled accurately and on time. Final Assembly management includes managing the production completion of components for final assembly and providing leadership and scheduling to welding while working closely with Sheet Metal Fabrication supervisors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervise the daily activities of the Assembly Department
- Set priorities for the team ensuring on-time delivery
- Identify and clearly communicate performance expectations and rewards and manage staff based on results
- Provides "floor focused" leadership
- Monitors progress throughout other areas of manufacturing to appropriately manage Assembly production schedules.
- Anticipates patterns and generates new and innovative “root cause” solutions to complex problems.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement efficiencies, to improve productivity throughout the business.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to identify assembly issues, labor standard issues and requirements of equipment assembly.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering related area such as Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering strongly preferred
- 2+ years of previous leadership experience in a manufacturing company required, preferably steel fabrication and or assembly
- Knowledge in the areas of sheet metal design, fabrication, machining and CAD is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership skills and ability required
- Previous experience leading continuous improvement initiatives required
- Previous production scheduling experience preferred
- Strong ERP systems knowledge and experience in addition to MS Excel
- Metal Fabrication Manufacturing exposure, 2 - 5 years
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area, no relocation is allocated.