It is rewarding and energizing representing a company that produces children’s products! Working on behalf of this rural southern Minnesota Manufacturer to find a Manufacturing Manager. With products that have been a part of the market for more than 50+ years, our client has been producing, right here in Minnesota, innovative, creative, high quality, fun and safe products for young adults across the county. If you are looking for an operations leadership opportunity in a growing, family-owned company please reach out to discuss this position.
Responsible for effective planning, directing, and coordinating all manufacturing engineering, quality, and maintenance departments as well as the facilities. Provide expertise to supervisors to improve decision making processes with a focus on engineering. Strong ability to plan on a regular basis and anticipate upcoming issues to prevent inefficiencies. Strong knowledge of inventory control and process flow. Able to work well cross functionally to allow consistent decision making. Ability to recognize internal issues that may arise, so issues do not affect customers or the timeliness of deliveries. Anticipate and take action to resolve issues before they become problems. Opportunity to add increased and additional responsibilities over the next 1 – 2 years. Position reports to the Director of Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Determine priorities with the Director of Operations and propose/implement cost-reduction projects; maintain detailed documentation as required.
- Supervise and oversee all new product introduction involving process flow and adherence to standards, timeline, and detailed documentation of all new product introduction.
- Coordinate all engineering releases and changes relative to routings, meeting standards, data entry, and follow-up.
- Review all manufacturing processes for continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, cost effectiveness and feasibility, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
- Work with Quality Assurance and the process’ involved but not limited to scrap and quality. Establish a cost of quality index.
- Organize, supervise, and document all activities of the Maintenance Department. This includes all programs, activities, and preventative maintenance.
- Oversee, with the help of the Director of Operations, the construction and or purchasing of all tooling; assure accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of tool room, workstations, inside and outside of facilities.
- Work with Safety Director to coordinate company's safety efforts with outside regulatory agencies such as OSHA and EPA; ensures conformity to regulations as well as employee adherence to all internal safety practices.
- Investigate, justify, and recommend purchases. Tracks all company manufacturing and facility assets.
- Determine layouts, coordinate outside contractors, and supervise all necessary construction of plant expansions or alterations.
- Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Embrace the company core values within all customer groups; internal, and external and within the Community.
- Presence in the workplace is required and deemed an essential function of the job.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree required, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering Preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Company is located in rural Southwest Minnesota, 2 hours from the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN area.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.