Direct business development and relationship management efforts within the Greater Twin Cities Market. Select, train and direct the staff to achieve the organization’s financial objectives and customer service standards. Form strategic partnerships with centers of influence, community and business leaders to drive growth and promote a market reputation.
Position Reports to: President/CEO
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Market President is a producing manager. The position will establish individual goals and lead loan, deposit and fee income production to achieve the Bank’s market goals. The position will identify prospect and nurture high potential prospects that fit the defined target customer profile.
- Development activities also include fostering strong relationships with community leaders and centers of influence who are in a position to help drive referrals and create goodwill.
- Build and lead a team of relationship managers focused on business development, relationship management and client service. Promote effective risk management and business development activities consistent with the organizational objectives and hold the team accountable for delivering the results. Identify and delegate tasks, relationships and projects to maximize team and individual effectiveness.
- The position will establish goals, strategies, and marketing plans to achieve individual and market objectives while providing input on companywide matters as appropriate.
- Maintain a portfolio of the most valuable relationships within the market. Develop a strong understanding of the customer’s business needs, objectives, motivations and abilities. Solve problems and proactively suggest solutions that create value for the customer and Bank. Ensure market team is effectively serving relationships appropriate to their size and value.
- Member of the Internal Credit Committee and participant in the Bank’s credit decision making process ensuring sound and timely decisions are made. Assist relationship managers with loan structuring, pricing and risk assessment as needed. Hold relationship managers accountable for sound credit administration management.
- Identify, participate and delegate to others participation in community activities and Bank functions that create visibility, goodwill, enhanced relationships and a positive reputation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, marketing and or management.
- Five plus years of relevant experience in the banking / financial services industry. Strong business development and relationship management skills with eight plus years of management or leadership experience.
- 3+ year of management experience leading a team
- Experience working at a mid/large bank or local financial services institution
- Proven track record of building relationships with $1-25MM businesses
- Established network of influencers
- Eastern or metro wide orientated
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.