Looking for a strong Qualitative and Quantitative Marketing Analyst
The Market Research Analyst will support the Product Team by conducting industry research and analysis in its current state and for predicted future trends.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to discover problems that are urgent, pervasive, and can be monetized
- Use the Pragmatic Institute framework as a guide
- Analyze industry movements using consumer insights, and understanding the current customer needs, as well as potential future customers
- Assist the Product & Marketing team with research to understand consumer behavior & product usage better by way of focus groups, observational research Win/Loss analysis, Interviews, opinion polls, secondary literature reviews, and questionnaires
- Gather & organize data on consumers, competitor products, and market conditions, keeping a detailed database for efficient communication between various departments
- Conduct further Positioning Analysis such as: SWOT, PEST, Investment-Impact scoring, Competitive landscape, Pricing, etc.
- Maintain detailed databases of the current product portfolio, and competitive analysis comparisons
- Gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits
- Daily/Weekly communications as needed with R&D and product team members in China regarding ongoing research projects and findings.
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports using PowerPoint & BI software
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research or Communications, BI, BA, or a related field
- 2-4 years previous experience in similar role
- Pragmatic Institute Certified: Foundations-Focus-Build-Launch-Price
- Versed in BI software such as Tableau or MS Power BI
- Strong Analytical problem-solving skills, with ability to interpret current market conditions and possible future trends, providing key insights, recommendations and conclusions
- Strong statistical data analysis skills, and ability to communicate findings in professional visual presentations to management by PowerPoint & other related software
- Strong in organizational skills, database management, and meaningful reporting to help facilitate management strategy & planning functions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and proficient with Word and Outlook
- Strong verbal communication skills
- PRC certification a plus
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.