Mechanical Engineer, CFD
Our client is an established OEM, designing and manufacturing construction equipment for over 30 years. Opportunity for an experienced engineer to mentor others on team, to coach and teach the process and methodologies for pneumatic and hydraulic system design and analysis.
R&D Mechanical Engineer
Our client is seeking an experienced engineer for their Design Engineering and R&D group. This position supports research and development projects, product enhancements and product maintenance of equipment and supportive accessories.
New systems development is in process for the advanced control and automation of our client’s equipment. These systems will integrate mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical components utilizing wireless communication, cloud-based data management, GIS data processing, process synchronization, GUI and HMI development. Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) simulations between the various pieces of equipment and respective conduits are needed to pre-determine successful installations.
Development and execution of CFD solutions and application of the results to corresponding systems.
Design and development of pneumatic, hydraulic systems and mechanical components and equipment.
- BSME, Bachelor or Master of Science degree from accredited university in Mechanical or Fluid Engineering, ideally from an ABET accredited program
- Strong background in fluid dynamics
- Strong background in Applied CFD methods
- Proven experience in pneumatic & hydraulic system designs
- 8 years’ mechanical design experience with 2 - 5 years’ experience in CFD
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- CAD – Creo and/or AutoCAD experience
- Strong ERP and value chain understanding
- Ideally, experience with the ANSYS software suite, i.e. LS-Dyna, CFD, DEM applications