MS SQL DBA
Our client is a leading e-commerce retailer offering the finest garden varieties and live gift plants.
A leading e-commerce retailer offering the finest garden varieties and live gift plants is headquartered in Greenwood, South Carolina. We have an immediate full-time opening for a Data Analyst. This critical position is challenged to help us propel our sites to the next level. Remote employment would be considered with the right employee in the Minneapolis, Twin City areas.
- Supports and maintains SQL Server database applications.
- Conducts system tuning, performance monitoring and database maintenance.
- Develops reports and custom requests for users.
- Assists with application and user support when needed.
- Planning and development of the database
- Support and troubleshooting any issues for the end users
- SageX3 experience or the desire to learn would be a plus. You will be supporting SageX3 developer’s maintenance and tuning of a SageX3 environment. We will train.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL Server
- Technical Capacity to learn
- Time and Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate with various departments
- Organizational Skills
- Task Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Employee will be required to support the IT staff as needed in off hour or weekend work for system upgrades, updates or production issues. You might be required to work overnight and on weekends (during periods of low usage) when maintenance and development work needs to be undertaken. You may also have to be on call at times, responding if a critical problem occurs.
No travel is expected for this position unless if a remote employee and routine agreed upon travel to the Greenwood, SC office as needed.c