Oracle Database Administrator (Infrastructure)
Our client is a large electronic component distributor and a broad-line distributor of board level components.
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
This position is responsible for the administration of our Oracle databases and the associated database infrastructure, with the emphasis on database infrastructure administration tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Must be able to…
- Perform all database administration and support related tasks in such a way that ensures the highest standards of database availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance.
- Display a high level of effort and commitment toward completing goals in a timely manner, change approach as needed, and start and finish projects on his or her own.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Due to the dynamic nature of the business, self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly are essential.
- Able to work under pressure and communicate effectively
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
- Available to provide on-call support for assigned areas
- Install and patch Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RDBMS 12.2 on RHEL and OEL systems, troubleshoot issues that arise at both the operating system and database software level
- Create databases using DBCA and implement company-specific configuration
- Duplicate container and non-container databases
- Configure and support Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Data Guard Broker
- Configure and support RMAN backups to ZDLRA and ZDLRA to ZDLRA replication
- Configure and support replication of ZDLRA backups to a long-term storage
- Support Oracle Platinum Patching process for Exadata and ZDLRA on semi-annual basis
- Open and effectively bring to resolution Oracle SRs
- As needed acquire new knowledge and deepen existing knowledge of various aspects of Oracle Infrastructure
- Undergraduate degree and seven years of documented experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Grid Infrastructure (GI) and RDBMS 12c
- Expert knowledge of Oracle High Availability technologies – Data Guard, Data Guard Broker, Recovery Manager, and Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance (ZDLRA)
- Strong Unix/Linux background and intermediate knowledge of shell scripting
- Expert knowledge of Oracle installation and patching process and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager Administration
- Ability to open and resolve effectively the service requests (SRs) with Oracle Support
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Exercise self-control under trying or tough circumstances, situations, or under any kind of pressure
- Continually striving to gather current knowledge and information relevant to business needs in order to achieve results
- Actively exchange ideas with others and build on their ideas to identify new solutions
- Outstanding planning & organizational skills
- Able to work independently or collaboratively and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to initiate action and build relationships within the department