Our client is a large electronic component distributor and a broad-line distributor of board level components.
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
This Oracle database administrator position is responsible for providing all-encompassing database support for multiple mission-critical applications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Must be able to…
- Perform all database administration and support related tasks in such a way that ensures the highest standards of database availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance.
- Display a high level of effort and commitment toward completing goals in a timely manner, change approach as needed, and start and finish projects on his or her own.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Due to the dynamic nature of the business, self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly are essential.
- Able to work under pressure and communicate effectively
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
- Available to provide on-call support for assigned areas
- Effectively support various application development teams’ needs
- Perform SQL and PL/SQL development of all types of SQL DML statements - functions, stored procs, triggers
- Prepare/review/execute Oracle DML/DDL scripts as part of the release process
- Manage/support database release cycles and code reviews
- Design, write and modify reports
- Work with various teams to effectively resolve database performance issues using industry best practices
- Write, read, and modify shell scripts
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Seven years of documented Oracle RDBMS experience in a similar work environment and role
- Advanced level of knowledge of Oracle Grid Infrastructure, RDBMS and RAC 12c (internals/concepts)
- Advanced level of knowledge of Oracle 12c database administration (standard set of tasks)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with logical and physical data modeling
- Extensive knowledge and experience with generating data definition language from the data models
- Extensive knowledge and experience with maintaining release versions of the database source code
- Extensive development experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Extensive experience in database performance tuning
- Advanced knowledge of shell scripting, bash and Perl
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Exercise self-control under trying or tough circumstances, situations, or under any kind of pressure
- Continually striving to gather current knowledge and information relevant to business needs in order to achieve results
- Actively exchange ideas with others and build on their ideas to identify new solutions
- Outstanding planning & organizational skills
- Able to work independently or collaboratively and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to initiate action and build relationships within the department