This position is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the organization by functioning as a business partner with plant, sales and financial leaders. This individual will effectively oversee the accounting functions and maintain the financial integrity of two Chicagoland facilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results.
- Lead financial staff at the plant, accountable for plant-level responsibilities which may include general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations.
- Perform audits to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly, report audit results.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory using available data from production, shipping, and other activities.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Masters preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, with emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- Multi-site experience is a plus.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related manufacturing.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio, Teams and Outlook.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.