Privately owned, family business, proven success over 2 generations and 50+ years of business. A company that has proven experience and results at producing high quality, custom products for corporate customers. Offering flexibility and excellent customer service as well as on-time delivery. Client is open to train someone for this position, previous experience in plant management is not needed.
PLANT MANAGER – Custom, made to order products
Description: We are looking for a Plant Manager who is an excellent leader of people and continually improve the manufacturing operations in our client’s facility. It is important to be knowledgeable in IT systems and technology as well as be open minded to learning. This position will either lead the plant operations, ensuring production goals are met or exceeded, and promote safety and compliance OR will be learning and training to be able to step into the plant operations position. Meeting or exceeding customer expectations is an important part of this role.
The Plant Manager reports directly to ownership. The company is well established in the marketplace and successful in meeting customer’s needs for commercial printing, custom offset and digital printing projects, providing POP/retail materials and complete kitted solutions. This position has 5 direct reports, and those direct reports ultimately oversee an organization of 80 – 120. The plant operates 24 hours per day, 5 – 7 days per week. The position is accountable for the effective management and profitable operation of the Minneapolis facility. Excellent communication to direct reports and the ownership is necessary.
- Provide leadership to achieve and maintain effective operational and safety performance.
- Lead and promote improvement initiatives
- Lead the plant to meet or exceed production goals, including throughput, yield, cost and quality
- Manage the plant against the established operation and capital budgets
- Oversee hiring and ensuring an effective and productive workforce
- Develop and coach leadership team, providing leadership and direction
- Provide personal direction in the resolution of current operating problems of a critical nature, in order to maintain maximum continuity of production at desired quality, costs and customer service levels.
- Formulate short and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement and continued customer satisfaction
- Manage scheduling ensuring operations run continuously and products are produced with the highest quality while on time.
- Be present on the production floor to ensure seamless operations of plant
- Be available during off hours as needed if an urgent matter arises
- Previous proven leadership within plant operations – even if only on supervisory level
- Previous experience in scheduling, estimating or planning very helpful
- Experience problem solving in a plant/manufacturing environment, especially with software, computer or other systems
- Ability to be on the job during peak production times, sometimes 10 + hours
- Passion for helping and motivating people and completing projects on-time, producing the highest quality product for our customers
- Location: Minneapolis, MN (relocation payment not available)