Our publicly traded, global organization is working to make the world a healthier place by manufacturing non-GMO and Organic foods. They are leaders in the market. You will be part of an innovative, fast moving, passionate team. Opportunities to have an impact on the Plant and the organization.
Plant Manager – Food Production
This Plant Manager position is critical to our client’s aseptic operations. Responsible for direct reports that include: Production Supervisors, Maintenance Manager, Warehouse Manager, Quality Manager, Planner/Buyer and other plant management roles. Indirect reports consist of multiple shifts for production operators, warehouse operators, maintenance techs, and other operational positions. This position reports to the Director of operations.
Responsible for key metrics and critical plant operations in this fast-paced operation and business. Looking for fresh perspective, creative staffing solutions, continued opportunities for innovations and a passion for solving problems and continuous improvement. Core values that employees live by are dedication, passion, customer-centric focus, entrepreneurial, speed and problem solving.
A few of the additional responsibilities include:
- Conduct weekly meetings with the Maintenance and Production Manager to develop corrective action plans and assigns priorities relative to improving production reliability and reducing downtime.
- Establish effective communication practices that provide operating information to operators, staff and upper management on a daily, monthly basis ensuring that all parts of the company have the information necessary to affect continuous improvement. Items to be covered; identify issues, production schedules, cost controls, budget compliance and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Ensure that Human Resources programs are in place addressing the selection, training, development, motivation, and cultural expectations of all plant employees and the company. Ensure that job descriptions are up to date and that reviews are conducted on a periodic basis, at a minimum annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Packaging or Finance
- Prefer 1-5 years as a plant manager or a department manager in a large or complex plant/world class organization.
- Dept manager in more than one field: Production, Quality, Maintenance, Supply Chain is ideal.
- SQF/ISO 9001 Experience. Quality standards for food manufacturers.
- Exposure to bottling, canning, thermal processing, or packaging ideal.
- A level of understanding of the technology and automation in packaging environments.
- Experience leading CI projects.
- Leadership/Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and develop managers within the organization
- Understanding of financial drivers involved. Responsible for plant financials.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, as well as present data in excel or PowerPoint.
- TPM/Maintenance Planning experience is a plus.
This opportunity is critical, and interviews can start almost immediately. Relocation is available. Position in Minnesota.