We are working with a leading global provider of engineered solutions and advanced materials whose local plant located in Minneapolis. They are looking for engaging Plant Manager to help take this team to the next level. They are publicly held company, conducts business in over 90 countries and operate 18 production locations across the world. Great environment that prides themselves in being problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts by keeping true to their values of their people and customers.
The Plant Manager oversees management of all areas of Manufacturing, Maintenance, Quality, Safety and Plant Engineering to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured safely, on-schedule, and within quality standards and cost objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations partnering with Human Resources, Safety, and other departments as appropriate.
- Develop current state and improvement strategies and plans for the facility working with Sales, Engineering, Quality, Corp Leadership, and other departments.
- Champion of the company safety programs/processes and adheres to all appropriate safety policies and procedures while directing employees and seeking opportunities to improve safe work practices.
- Provide leadership in supporting employee engagement programs and culture.
- Deliver targeted OEE / productivity performance with sustained year over year improvement.
- Implement and drive Operational Excellence programs and processes.
- Execute manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Partner with Sales to deliver the highest level of customer service, focusing on top customers.
- Grow and develop Business leaders at all levels of the Plant organization.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff taking appropriate actions as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Direct the establishment and implementation of Quality Control Plan processes to ensure zero defects
- Deliver Operational Excellence savings annually per budget
- Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Develop and set stretch goals for direct reports in line with Company strategy.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Lead collaborative work partnership with union leaders.
Critical Skills & Competencies:
- Proven track record of successful team building and management, turnaround experience is a plus!
- Experience in continuous improvement practices and analysis
- Six Sigma / Lean training and knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Solid computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with resin manufacturing-based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
- Experience working with Union Leaders and represented employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or a 4-year degree in a related discipline, an MBA is a plus!
- 7+ years’ experience in a leadership role in manufacturing management, preferably in resin-based industry or another continuous process-oriented operation.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.