Plant Manager (ID:42058)
Our client is a progressive organization driven by core values and powered by talented and engaged team members. Their reputation is extraordinary employees with exceptional customer service. With true transparency and passion, they have created a culture that puts people first.
Our client is an industry leader in manufacturing building products. They are headquartered in Minnesota with plant locations in Minnesota, Arizona, and Ohio. This plant manager position is at their Mesa, Arizona location and will report to the Director of Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create an inspiring and collaborative environment, cast vision, execute strategy, and build trust.
- Develop and empower people at all levels to achieve their full potential.
- Provide direction and leadership to plant operations for production, maintenance, quality shipping and receiving.
- Promote, develop, and sustain a continuous improvement culture through the deployment of Lean methodologies (5s and Standard Work) throughout assigned areas.
- Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for continuous performance and process improvement.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with supervisors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all product meets Company and customer specifications, including quality standards.
- Monitor monthly financial budgets, including expenses. Prepare and present project proposals.
- Maintain optimum and accurate inventory levels. Organize and facilitate physical inventory counts.
- Establish performance measurements and goals, monitor progress on an ongoing basis, communicate goals and progress regularly to team members.
- Adhere to, support, and maintain compliance with established systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Maintain a safe work environment by educating and directing team members on use of equipment, resources, and safe work practices. Coordinate and document ongoing safety training and compliance audits.
- Direct Safety Committee and conduct accident/near miss investigations, including follow-up actions.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation and teamwork within and between departments.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key customers.
- Address and resolve customer concerns. Participate on cross-functional teams to address and resolve customer problems.
- Participate in management meetings and all strategic and profitability efforts.
- Keep Key Manager(s) informed of progress, issues, problems, and successes.
- Demonstrate and uphold Company values.
- Leadership responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, coaching, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining confidentiality; timekeeping. Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience required or equivalent manufacturing experience. High speed manufacturing experience preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience required.
- Computer skill proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Effective communication skills required. Ability to compose concise and clear correspondence and reports. Ability to guide others, provide direction and speak effectively before groups.
- An important level of attention to detail; organizational and follow-through skills.
- A high level of business acumen through an understanding of business processes and goals, customer needs and production capabilities and options.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, problem solving and decision-making capabilities in emotional, difficult, and stressful situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including but not limited to safety protocols, operating and maintenance instructions, policy and procedure manuals and profit and loss statements.
- Ability to interpret data, formulas, equations, and graphs in most complex forms.
- Strong customer service (internal and external) focus.
- Bilingual a plus
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.