Plant Manager, Interim
Privately held company that is searching for their next plant manager, needs an interim leader. Our client is a growing, entrepreneurial business with a great reputation of making high quality, low-cost, customized products for OEM’s.
Plant manager will support four supervisors to help the operation run smoothly. Looking for a coach/mentor who is a good listener, who can assist and support supervisors with easy wins, and someone who is people centric. Help supervisors to support and encourage behaviors and collaborate with them on areas of improvement. Problem solving minded and very organized. Person is needed for 2 – 3 months.
- Help coach and mentor newly promoted supervisors.
- Understand cost of goods and find opportunities for continuous improvement in key areas of direct and fixed labor and materials.
- Understand the operation and where you can gain efficiencies.
- Carry out process control procedures, ensuring production of finished products are meeting quality specifications and standards.
- Partner with a team of manufacturing engineers to make improvements to efficiency, equipment utilization, layout improvements and facility upgrades.
- Promote and communicate projects with ROIs so all levels of the organization can track progress and gauge impact.
- Ensure appropriate systems, procedures, internal controls, quality standards and metrics are in place for each functional area.
- Fully leverage the ERP system used to direct shop floor operations and inventory.
- Implement tools, tactics, routines, and other ideas to generate and maintain a shop floor culture of integrity and earnestness for all employees.
- Generate a stable, predictable and efficient variable labor onboarding process that is clearly measured and easy to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Assume role of mentor to the manufacturing organization, primarily line leads and supervisors and to help elevate output.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation and teamwork within and between departments and shifts.
- Execute company goals and timely product delivery.
- Coach supervisors on professional development, staying current on relevant industry trends, manufacturing, customer service and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Work with the leadership team to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Minimum of 10 years of Operations leadership
- Significant experience in a diverse “sub-contracting” work environment or contract manufacturing environments, servicing many customers with many different products.
- Demonstrated effective collaborative leadership in support of company-wide goals.
- Proven ability to develop the operations organization to achieve career and corporate goals.
- Experience as a people-oriented leader and coach.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.#LI-LS1