Powder Coat Manufacturing Leader
Looking for a culture that is truly innovative, nimble, and continuously improving? Where engineering, manufacturing and leadership are constantly pushing the limits of innovation, design, and manufacturability to exceed customer’s expectations and be the market leaders in their Industry? This might be the next role for you!
Our client, a local West Minneapolis manufacturer, offers creative and innovative products, a fast development cycle and custom solutions to their customers all over the globe. You might be surprised by the industry, but you will be wowed by the culture – collaborative, innovative, energetic, and creative!
Powder Coat Manufacturing Leader
This Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and optimizing paint processes within the powder coat paint operation. The successful candidate will have technical knowledge and manufacturing engineering experience within a high-volume powder coat paint operation (line or batch); specifically, in the areas of powder coat paint systems/equipment, hanging, materials (including surface preparation and application), quality control, and maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes for the paint line area.
- Supports powder coat paint operational performance in meeting quality, safety, morale, cost, productivity, and delivery objectives.
- Supports powder coat paint operation through the development and optimization of paint processes.
- Ensures all phases of the paint application process produce parts that meet quality expectations.
- Provides technical support/expertise to manufacturing team with respect to operational and/or quality issues that arise.
- Utilizes continuous improvement methodologies to refine process of the operation.
- Tracks, trends, and corrects quality issues affecting the department and/or customers.
- Works closely with suppliers on quality issues effecting the paint operation.
- Build a culture of quality in the powder coat paint operation.
- Educate paint team on techniques, processes, and standards.
- Participates in Kaizen and other continuous improvement activities.
Key Attributes –
- Process Design and Development
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Processes and Operation
- Quality and Continuous Improvement focused
- Problem Solving/analytical Skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Able to work on complex tasks individually, with little direction.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
- Specialize in complex technical and business matters.
- Quickly adjust to changing priorities; has a high sense of urgency.
- Highly effective in working with other departments.
- Knows effective escalation processes.
- Challenges the status quo.
- Accountable for own work and work of those in work groups
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of related experience and/or training
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing principals and tools
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
Powder Coat Operation Specific -
- High-volume powder coat paint operation (line or batch)
- System design, hanging, cleaning, priming, painting, curing, surface penetration, powder application.
- System operation and maintenance
- Quality control
- Paint vendor relationship experience
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.