Pre-sales Engineer (Managed Services – Technical)
Our client is a leading provider of outsourced technology deployment, infrastructure, and support services for large, multiple location organizations worldwide. Solutions include: Cloud IT Services, Managed Voice Services, Enterprise Wireless, Physical Security, Network Installation and Network Infrastructure.
The Managed Services Presales Engineer acts as a subject matter expert for a portfolio of products including Network Management, Monitoring, Maintenance, Hosted Voice, Connectivity, and Cloud Services. As a Managed Services Presales Engineer, you are responsible for engineering and presenting Managed Services solutions to meet customer needs and expectations. This position acts as a key resource in architecture solutions, supporting proposal development, and functioning as a lead technical team member in customer discussions and presentations. This position is highly visible, directly contributing to the organization’s success and the resource will work with sales, engineering, and marketing to win new client business and expand existing customer relationships.
- Identify, acquire, and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors in the Managed Services space.
- Review and respond to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), contracts, and statements of work.
- Develop pricing structures and prepare solution financials for customer scope of work documents by working with internal pricing team members, finance resources, sales, and leadership personnel.
- Consult with clients, vendors, co-workers, or other resources as needed to discuss and formulate solutions and designs to meet client expectations.
- Partner with Comm-Works sales team members and customers through a strategic and consultative sales approach to understand their business needs, issues, strategies and priorities in order to deliver a value-added Managed Services solution.
- Engage in customer presentations and meetings, functioning as a subject matter expert regarding managed services technology in order to provide assistance in winning business opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date on industry impacting policies and requirements such as HIPPA, PCI, SOX, Cybersecurity, and other IT security requirements and provide guidance to the practice in these areas.
- Architect customer solutions and responses that support ITIL methodologies
- Develop training materials for the practice and sales team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the following: Managed IT Services including NOC support services, maintenance services, data center, cloud, data, storage, unified communication, and collaboration
- Prior Presales and Engineering support of Managed IT services
- Technical training and certifications
- Familiar with LogicMonitor, SolarWinds, and/or other monitoring/management platforms
- Familiar with ConnectWise and/or other ticketing platforms
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and provide timely and accurate completion of assignments and be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and outstanding oral, written, technical and business communication skills
- Strong speaker with ability to captivate audience with subject matter expertise.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to provide hands-on technical engineering support
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to successfully work as a team member and also independently
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work in an indoor office environment.
- Occasional travel to out of town client meetings and presentations
- Required to use hands to type, handle, feel or reach, pull and squeeze.
- Required to view a computer screen, use a keyboard and a mouse for the majority of the workday.
- Required to make and receive telephone calls and to talk in a clear, audible voice.