Reporting directly to the CEO, the President will lead, manage, and hold accountable each and every employee of the company. All aspects of the day-to-day operations are under the purview of the President. Direct reports include Pre-Construction Manager, Mechanical Operations Manager , Divisional Operations Manager and Chief Financial Officer.
“Culture eats strategy for lunch.” Nothing is more important than keeping the team all pulling in the same direction and having a team that is excited to be at the Company. Great results will follow a great culture. Leading by example is the best way to kick off culture. Outwork, outsmart, out-respect and out-care everyone in the building and the team will follow you into battle with a smile on their face.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exemplify and drive the Company’s core values: Safe, Accountable, Professional, Motivated and Curious.
- Work to achieve the goals for each Company project: safe project, elated client and profitable project.
- Lead manage and hold accountable the: Pre-Construction Manager, Construction Operations Leader, Divisional Operations Leader, and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage corporate culture and ensure alignment with the Company’s core values.
- Lead the weekly executive leadership team meeting.
- Maintain effective working relationships with outside vendors: insurance, banking, bonding, accounting firm, legal, union, and key vendors.
- Participate or monitor all corporate legal proceedings.
- Monitor inner company committees: Wellness, Fun, Full Circle and Safety
- Oversee employee healthcare benefit plans.
- Manage quarterly “all-office” meetings.
- Participate in yearend profit distributions including approval of all formula-based bonuses.
- Final approval of all full-time employee hires.
- Monitor and approve all employee referral bonuses.
- Review and approve all annual division and project budgets.
- Review and approve annual accrual percentages.
- Participate and lead weekly, quarterly, and annual Traction executive meetings.
- Review and approve any corporate expenditures exceeding $1,000 in value.
- Drive corporate synergy in the relationships between the Company’s divisions.
- Manage key employee/owner life insurance policies.
- Monitor and manage: annual vendor rebates, monthly credit card expenditures, and corporate diversity.
- Responsible for initiating and the execution of Corporate strategic thinking.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, or accounting.
- Master’s degree in business administration a plus.
- 10 years mechanical construction or related industry experience.
- Highly organized.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Management style and personality profile include: resilience, strong work ethic, focused, unselfishness, humility, fairness, dedication, and trustworthiness.
At Versique, we believe people are more than a resume. People invent, propel, unearth, and build. They transform teams, markets, industries, and bottom lines. People do more than just fill an open position. They open greater potential. We’re here to help fill your human potential and build your human capacity. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique”, hinting at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation.
In 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Versique was recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace, was nominated as a Best of Business Finalist by Twin Cities Business and made the Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal's list of Twin Cities Largest Executive Search Firms.
We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Let’s find your people together. And make the best possible.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.