Principal Software Engineer
Looking for someone who wants to move up into the Principal Software Engineer role. This position includes some hands-on agile project management for development of new life-saving products!
Coordinate and participate in the design, development, and testing of software embedded in diagnostic and interventional cardiology devices. Provide project leadership. Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing. This position requires hands-on activity with the tools and processes used in development of application software and embedded firmware applications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Coordinate development activities between multiple project teams (domestic and international):
- Manage local software development related activities and coordinate with remote teams to achieve project goals
- Effectively interface cross-functionally with other product development groups and departments throughout the project lifecycle
- Apply solid software design skills to develop medical devices to meet specific performance requirements and deliver on goals according to product development quality system.
- Developing requirement specifications
- Implementation and testing of software and embedded software algorithms or/and general Windows applications and GUIs
- As a team member, contribute significantly to completion of various project activities according to medical device development processes
- Definition - identifying software functional requirements
- Code reviews
- Final release
- Work closely with cross-function teams, including design reviews with QA, RA, test engineers,
- Ensure the product design meets the requirements, including safety, reliability and serviceability.
- Be creative and innovative in the product development process
- Make, recommend and justify critical technical decisions in product design. Decisions should be based on broad investigation and testing
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in relevant discipline such as Software Engineering. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering
- 10+ years of software engineering design
- 5+ years of new product development
- 2 years' technical leadership and mentorship
- Experience developing software within a regulated industry (IEC 62304 / Medical industry preferred)
- Development/Process Tools: MS Visual Studio, Jira, Git, Jama
- Target operating systems: Windows 10/IoT
- Extensive experience practicing formal Agile methods in product development
- Understanding of and experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools
- Windows software application development: C#/C++/WPF
- Experience evaluating and mitigating risks in software application development
- Extensive experience and appreciation for software testing methods and planning
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- GUI development experience: WPF, UWP
- Background/Understanding of Cybersecurity and practical project work to identify, mitigate, and test for Cybersecurity threats
- Understanding and practical application of ISO14971 and TIR57 and Risk Management in the context of Medical Device Software
- Understanding and practical application of TIR45 – Agile Practices in Medical Device Software Development
- Experience with distributed embedded systems
- Other programming languages such as .NET, XML, XSL, HTML, Python and communication protocols (TCP/IP, UPnP, Web Services, SOAP, CAN)
- Other operating systems and GUI development experience: Linux, Embedded RTOS, Qt/QML
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.