This position will provide opportunities to help shape the future of our diagnostic medical technology alongside a growing world-class global R&D team, learn advanced cardiology and radiology-oriented medical systems, advance in a technical career path, and enjoy the culture of a small privately held company with the backing of an international conglomerate.
This position is a key leadership position that guides the software team in designing and developing software for our global portfolio of medical devices. As a member of the global R&D software engineering organization, lead and direct the technical activities in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing in support of the development of medical devices and new product development.
As a key decision-maker in assessing the status, risk, issues, and potential mitigations to address looming issues, this position influences stakeholders in the product development team and leads the team in delivering effective results. This requires working cross-functionally with technical and other professional talent from various facilities and from diverse backgrounds.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to ensure the software technical solution effectively meets the product and system requirements, and the software specifications accurately describe the solution.
- Lead the team through the requirements formulation, design, prototype, develop, and documentation of the software applications and ensure the solution meets all performance requirements for Medical Device applications, with a strong focus on contrast injectors.
- Develop innovative methods and algorithms that translate system and software requirements into code and deploy the best solutions in medical devices.
- Responsible to ensure project execution is completed meeting the time, cost, performance, and quality requirements according to the prescribed product development process and quality management system.
- Partner with the Principal Architect to
- develop and enforce the application of rigorous and effective coding standards for medical device applications,
- develop common standard for developing technologies
- ensure connectivity applications are developed according to the product and technology roadmaps
- define the Intellectual Property strategy and identify key technologies that need to be protected.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving the software impact assessment and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) that identify design issues and risks in software and lead the team in developing mitigations to address these issues.
- Responsible to ensure the implementation and deployment and update mechanisms for medical device operating systems and application software is effective.
- Review and approve the documentation ensuring it meets the standards of BMT software engineering.
- Approve the requirements developed for test automation to improve the productivity of the team.
- Perform work in adherence to the Quality Management System (QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation
- Develops SW solutions for products to meet requirements regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by product management.
- Engage the cross-function teams including regulatory, Engineering, quality, marketing and manufacturing departments to improve the process of product development.
- Lead the definition of requirements and evaluation criteria for third party Engineering Service vendors that can provide surge capacity resources.
- Coach the engineers in their professional development, and mentor key individuals that are identified as potential candidates for leadership positions.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or a related discipline or extensive work experience and training.
- 7+ years of experience in software development in .NET languages, using Visual Studio
- Extensive knowledge of C#, C++ and .NET architecture
- 5+ years with demonstrated results delivered in the Agile development methodology.
- 2+ years in development of GUI applications
- Software development through full product life-cycle
- Extensive experience in leading the development and management of system/software requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting languages.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft .NET development environment.
- Demonstrated results in implementing cybersecurity mitigations and encryption techniques.
- Experience with the development tools: JIRA, GIT, JAMA
- Experience with the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Experience with creating and managing software requirements and specification and translating them into effective architectures and software design with object-oriented design methodology
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.