Work for a great Trend forward organization as a Product Designer.
The Product Designer is a member of the Product Development Department and is responsible for creating trend-right and customer-focused products. Some of the types of products designed are ornaments, tabletop/wall décor, stockings and related decorations. This role provides opportunities to invoke creative products through innovation and trends but also requires an ability to shift into providing specific output as directed by the customer.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain an awareness of current market trends in holiday product as well as home decor and incorporate this knowledge into successful new designs.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to understand and address requirements for customers, pricing, construction processes and materials.
- Engage in ongoing research and development of new inspiration and ideas utilizing relevant new finishes, colors, materials and new lighting technology.
- Develop a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Conceptualize by applying creativity and originality in both group and individual brainstorming/sketching sessions to generate new ideas.
- Execute final art for presentation to the buyers and prepare art with necessary specifications of color, material, scale & function for construction by factory vendors.
- Reviewing and revising the design of factory samples to conform to specifications and cost.
Desired Skills and experience:
- Must be strong both creatively and artistically.
- Must possess both technical and practical design skills.
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in digital rendering utilizing Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop. 3D CAD software such as Solidworks is a plus.
- Will need to have very solid hand drawing skills.
- The ability to deliver innovation in design, product format and function.
- Have an aptitude and awareness of style trends in décor, and pop culture.
- Have a working knowledge of materials and production methods for manufacturing products listed above.
- Must be able to present ideas to internal team members as well as customers.
- Candidate must have minimum of 4 years of product design experience.
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized with the ability to handle multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Must be team player with excellent listening and communication skills
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.