Product Development Assistant
Product Detail and fun!
The Product Development Assistant is a member of the SSC Marketing Team, and is responsible for supporting the Product Manager & Associate PM in the execution of assigned product categories.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain development grids to track samples, item costs and spec information throughout development process
- Timely and proactive overseas communication to follow up on design / development, sample revisions, etc.
- Responsible for competitive shopping among key retailers to track pricing, specifications and packaging
- Sample management- including initiation, tracking and prioritizing all development samples, product set up, photography, account meeting preparations and showroom organization
- Measure, record and verify product meets all specifications – track and communicate to vendors
- Create item instruction sheets for all products, verifying lighting specifications as applicable
- Review / proof retail packaging layouts for accuracy
- Interacts with Product Managers, Account Managers, Design, Graphics, Engineering and Quality Assurance to communicate product details and ensure the accuracy, quality and integrity of all products under their responsibilities.
- Other duties as required
Desired skills and experience:
- Must have 1-3 years similar working experience
- Must possess a blend of business and technical skills, have a big picture vision and the drive to execute that vision
- Must be able to multi task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Need to be self-motivated, detailed orientated and analytical
- Must have strong oral, written, verbal and follow up communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well with others, work well under pressure, professional and discreet
- Position requires lifting and manual labor as part of handling and setting up the product for reviews and presentations
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.