Searching for a Product Manager - Consumer Products
The Product Manager works with the product team to develop brand and product strategies and plans for current and new products. Experience building consumer demand and market share through consumer, customer, product, and marketing knowledge.
Assist with developing strategy, new product development, pricing, and portfolio management. Ability to work with engineering and souring teams domestically and overseas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Category Strategy & Product Management:
- Acts as a thoughtful leader around category and global product innovation.
- Helps establish and articulates clear objectives for product management, innovation road mapping, deliverables, and a vision for short and long-term success across assigned categories.
- Helps develop product and channel strategies that address the needs of customer needs.
- Builds product roadmaps with omnichannel and go-to-market principles in mind.
- Renovates and innovates products to spur growth for both current and emerging customers/channels.
- Educates others on products, target consumers and the marketplace.
- Known internally and externally as a leading category and product expert across the industry.
- Analyzes product life cycles by category to observe, understand and document patterns of performance.
- Helps to manage new product development projects from ideation to launch.
- Works with overseas sourcing teams and factories to bring products to market.
- Helps to manage product lifecycle management including discontinuation of items and excess inventory management.
- Establishes clear objectives for packaging development that align with the brand vision.
- Collaborates with internal design teams and agencies to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Helps with input and review of instruction manuals.
- Drives required content for current and new items (copy, infographics, A+ content, etc.).
- Helps maintain category and item level costs and margins.
- Works on customer specific pricing, price list pricing.
- Maintains any changes in pricing in master pricing files.
- Collaborates with sales partners regarding base business, product renovation and innovation strategies and plans, pricing, line reviews and internal sales management events.
- Embraces customer meetings as a learning and sharing opportunities.
- Provide expertise, input, and presentation deck materials particular to strategy and marketing accountabilities.
- Support sales team members with ad hoc requests.
- Four-year college degree MBA Preferred.
- 3+ years of equivalent consumer marketing experience.
- Strong cross functional team communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.