Project Manager is responsible for the planning, marketing and execution of products throughout the product lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the strategic vision, and working closely with team members to deliver the right products and ensure revenue and margin goals are met. This also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define the strategic vision, goals and roadmap for specific categories of product
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product, ensuring all elements are addressed: product design, packaging, merchandising, pricing, etc.
- Collaborate with overseas office on best sources to meet cost and quality needs
- Work with Sr. Product Manager to understand factory capabilities, progress on factory audits, etc.
- Work with factories to develop new products by providing specific direction and following through the development cycle
- Execute steps of product development from creation to completion, including working with product factories overseas on samples, costing, packaging requirements
- Recommend pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals as well as customer margin requirements
- Develop expertise in competitive market and products, and analyze competitive data to present to customers
- Develop sales tools and presentations, including product display, marketing and informational materials
- Work with Associate Product Manager to create item instruction sheets for all products, verifying lighting specifications as applicable, consulting with customer and documentation experts when necessary to create new documentation
- Work with cross functional teams to provide support as needed. Includes product and account managers, sourcing, packaging, negotiations, designers, etc.
- Work with teams for internal customer support including Graphic Design, P& D, Account Services, Finance, Engineering, and QC
- Be a leader within the company
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience as Product Manager in CPG, experience in an electrical field is a plus but not a requirement
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching successful products
- Experience with decorative product trends and the ability to interpret those trends across a variety of products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and buyer interaction
- Must have proven computer skills in Word and PowerPoint at minimum.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent teambuilding skills with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Position requires occasional lifting and manual labor as part of handling and setting up the product for reviews and presentations
- Must be able to travel overseas
- Must be a self-starter, with an ability to work independently
- Able and willing to work extra hours as needed, for specific projects or to meet specific customer deadlines
- Must be flexible to handle some communication with overseas factories during off hours
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.