Supervise and coordinate activities of production workers in multiple departments by performing the following duties. This position is responsible for the following: planning, coordination, collaboration and control of the manufacturing processes ensuring goods/services are produced efficiently, and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost/level of quality. Four Shift Managers directly reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines; set up production runs; run lines as required.
- Assists with tearing down and rebuilding production lines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Manages, directs and/or recommends measures to improve processes, production methods, equipment, performance, and quality of product in the departments.
- Works with Research and Development to run equipment and/or product trials.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors/managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred and 5+ year’s related experience, will consider combination of education and experience. Internal experience and/or extrusion or plastics experience a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Six Sigma / Lean training and knowledge a plus
- 3 + years’ experience leading in a union environment
- 5 years + experience in continuous improvement practices and analysis
- 5 years + successful team building and management
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.