We are engaged with a local company that is looking to hire a Program Manager to help continue to expand their successful track record in worldwide projects. They truly are a team environment that is creative, innovative, collaborative in a supportive culture. My client, located North of Minneapolis, offers creative and innovative product development of demilitarization, alternative fuel, chemical processing for custom solutions to their customers around the world.
A world leader in the development of demilitarization, alternative fuel, and chemical processing technologies. Developing environmentally friendly and responsible technologies to safely dismantle and recycle obsolete U.S. Military weapon systems is our primary business. Our client also develops and constructs equipment packages for the defense, alternative fuel, and energy generation industries. Projects typically begin with the creation of engineering designs which then proceed to construction and integration within our fabrication facility and end with installation and commissioning activities at the customer locations.
The Program Manager to assist with the coordination of projects we execute in the Defense and Energy sectors. Projects range from pilot plant scale equipment development up to production scale equipment implementation into fixed facilities. The technical staff members that support these projects work in the fields of chemical engineering, chemistry, mechanical engineering, mechanical design, controls engineering, and custom welding and fabrication.
- Plan and manage the daily activities of personnel allocated to the project.
- Assist technical staff with project decisions and provide guidance where required.
- Oversee construction of equipment and customer site installations.
- Develop and maintain a project plan to track progress and measure performance.
- Participate in planning sessions to identify resource needs and then allocate appropriately.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key third parties and vendors.
- Successfully manage the relationship with customers and all project stakeholders.
- Effectively adapt project planning in response to changes in scope and schedule.
- Perform regular reporting on project schedule, budget, and technical issues.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Educational background in engineering; chemical or mechanical preferred.
- Proven work experience in project management in the technology sector.
- Experience in direct management of technical personnel preferred.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in process or product development, engineering design, and equipment manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.