We have partnered with one of the leading construction companies in the region to help them find a Project Accountant to join their team! If you are looking for a fun, high energy culture with a great environment to learn and develop, look no further!
Job DescriptionThe Project Accountant is responsible supporting the construction operations team through managing change orders, project costs, and other project operations work. This person must be highly collaborative and work with cross functional teams to manage the change order processes.
- Prepare cost claim submittals to project owners and the construction management team.
- Update change order documents and other field operations documents on a continuous basis.
- Compile payroll reports, Accounts Payable documents, material and equipment invoices, and trucking reports.
- Communicate with field operations regularly and question potential costs that aren't accounted for on documentation
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities for the accounting team.
- Manage tracking logs and provide updates to supervisor on change order submittals.
- Bechelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Construction Management
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Bluebeam
- Strong work ethic - highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.