Our client is a local company that continues to win awards; most recently Newsweek’s Most Responsible companies and Fortunes Best Workplace for 2021. They pride themselves in creating value for their clients through outstanding technical services, support, trust and personalized applications with through creative and innovative employees. They are an industry leader in distribution of bulk chemicals and blends that manufactures and distributes specialty chemical for their customers in a wide variety of industries.
A local manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on their chemical products they need since 1938.
Looking to add a Senior PSM/RMP leader will maintain process safety and risk management programs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations from Federal, State, and Local agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- PSM/RMP Compliance
- Act as the primary resource for the development, management, implementation, enforcement and training of all aspects of the Process Safety Management and Risk Management programs.
- Manage PHA and compliance audits
- Pre-Startup Safety and Operational Readiness Reviews.
- Lead Management of Change (MOC) initiatives.
- Lead investigations of process safety incidents, employing root cause analysis methodologies.
- Direct Hawkins personnel with the interpretation of regulatory requirements.
- Track and report process safety leading and lagging indicators, key process safety metrics, action plans, and priority recommendations.
- Emergency Response
- Oversee the creation, auditing, and updating of all facility Emergency Response Plans. Participate in emergency response efforts, training, and periodic response drills.
- Safety & Security
- Assist Health, Safety & Environmental Team with implementing companywide initiatives, monitor and encourage safe work practices, and conduct periodic safety assessments at plant locations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Health & Safety, or related field
- 10+ years of compliance experience
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills for both internal and external audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed established deadlines and customer expectations
- Can effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software applications
- 24-hour Hazwoper trained a plus
- Able to travel up to 25% within the Twin Cities and out-of-state
- Able to sit, stand, bend, reach, ascend or descend stairs, and walk for extended periods of time in an office or manufacturing setting, including areas where conditions may include odors, varying temperatures, humidity and moderate levels of noise
- Ability to wear PPE such as a respirator and chemical suit for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.