Looking for a Purchasing Manger with Critical Thinking and Leadership skills - With a strong desire to find efficiencies and processes, while saving money.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for strategic and tactical sourcing that supports the company’s goals, performance objectives, and customer expectations. The position will work with operations, sales, and marketing to capture business requirements, develop the appropriate strategy, evaluate responses from the supply market, and negotiate agreements that deliver the best quality and value.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that support business objectives, achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers and drive continual cost reduction efforts.
- Source from domestic and international suppliers for materials and products. Analyze and recommend suppliers based on cost, quality and delivery competitiveness. When applicable identify and develop secondary vendors to ensure continued supply in the case of interruption.
- Analyze sales and forecast requirements to ensure stable material supply to meet customer demand.
- Works with internal stakeholders (operations, finance, sales/marketing, engineering, etc.) to ensure total customer satisfaction. Proactively communicate and elevate potential interruptions of materials, product, or services due to supplier, quality, or compliance issues that affect supply.
- Direct the routine use of world-class procurement policies, procedures, and technology on supplier development, risk management, cost reduction, and material compliance.
- Continuously analyze existing purchasing processes, policy, and procedures for performance and propose improvements. Monitors ongoing compliance of existing policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for accuracy and maintenance of materials & pricing data set within ERP system.
- Contribute to inventory management functions such as slow-moving inventory, obsolete inventory, inventory turns, cycle counts, and assist with yearly physical inventory process.
- Track supplier’s performance indicators, based on their scorecard rankings, to facilitate and develop the supply base’s ability to consistently meet or exceed our defined expectations.
- Develop department goals and drive performance improvement with metrics that support purchasing responsibilities. Lead and mentor buyers in professional development ensuring a highly functioning team with consideration towards succession planning.
- Stays current with laws / regulations and ensures compliance with domestic and international trade requirements. Remains knowledgeable of customer compliance requirements to ensure suppliers are capable of passing quality and social responsibility audits.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate information and ideas to executive team, vendors, and internal customers.
- Negotiation Skills
- Necessary to ensure best possible outcome with vendor pricing, terms, freight programs, etc.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to interpret data, anticipate supply issues, and solve problems using and adjusting tactics as appropriate to the situation.
- Critical thinking necessary to weigh all influencing factors in resolving supply issues.
- Team Leadership
- Ability to lead others with functional expertise in setting goals and implementing plans that support strategic plan and goals.
- People Development
- Skills and ability to select, train, coach and provide feedback to people, both internal and external with differing goals, objectives, functional backgrounds and developmental needs.
- Results Orientation
- Ability to set and achieve challenging goals, including the ability to focus personal and team efforts to achieve key business objectives and improve organizational performance.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management. A combination of education, related experience, and exceptional performance will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Secondary certifications preferred (i.e. APICS, CSCP, CPSM, etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership in relevant supply chain and purchasing experience as well as specific experience in continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mentor and coach.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work within and fully utilize ERP system functionality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; particularly Microsoft Excel.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Timely resolution of supply issues often with limited or incomplete information available.
- Decisions related to risk mitigation within the supply chain
- Choosing between qualified vendors to ensure the best possible outcome
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.