Our client is a story of vision, perseverance, a dedication to quality, and the overriding value of good business relationships. Our client's employees proudly cite their roots as one of the original companies in the insurance industry.
The Quality Assurance Analyst III performs or leads the analysis, planning and testing of software applications. Employees in this position must be competent in the software development lifecycle and have a strong understanding of current products, tools and technologies in order to deliver superior and robust products that meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, BCIS or related fields or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development, business systems analysis or quality assurance analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing automated test scripts.
- Agile Experience – understanding of the Agile practice and Scrum methodology
- Business Process Knowledge – understanding of the related activities or tasks that are needed to produce a specific service or project
- Analytical Thought Process – ability to think in a logical, step-by-step manner and coming to a conclusion or solution to a problem
- Problem Resolution – ability to anticipate problems and gather supporting information the team will need in addressing them
- Negotiation – ability to evaluate gaps and resolves differences to meet project goals
- Leadership – experienced in leading a QA team and be able to mentor and motivate them to be effective in their roles
· Competent in software development practices and the processes involved
· Understands database concepts, entity relationships or data aspects of a business domain
· Experienced in software testing methodologies, tools and technologies such as Microsoft applications, Visual Studio, Telerik, Selenium or similar tools
· Able to identify, evaluate and utilize major tools in the market
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Assesses and understands project scope, design, boundaries and interfaces
· Creates and implements a thorough test plan needed by the project
· Analyzes business specifications and defines scenarios needed for testing
· Writes and executes meaningful and relevant test cases
- Identifies defects, gaps and issues between business specifications and the product being developed
- Collaborates with the development team in addressing quality issues, defects or risks
- Understands how a change or additional requirements can affect the system as a whole
- Reviews and realigns test strategy in the event of any change impacting the project
- Reports project metrics relating to quality assurance
- Leads manual and test automation initiatives and able to identify critical areas of the target application
- Assists in creating and executing automated test scripts
- Organizes and synthesizes information received from business or technical teams
· Participates in meetings and discussions and able to present information in a professional manner
· Assists with the QA candidates screening, recruiting and onboarding process
· Mentors QA I and QA II colleagues and able to assists them if needed
· Develops personal development plans and demonstrates progress to the established goals
· Complies and upholds organizational standards
- Embrace change and adaptation (positive change agent)
- Collaboration and building of effective business relationships (building trust)
- Motivated and focused on delivering quality results in a team environment (continuous evaluation and improvement)
- Clear, transparent and frequent communication
- Continuous attention to technical excellence (self-development)
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Success factors/job competencies:
· A thorough knowledge and experience of the crop insurance industry, its practices and standards and refers to these in planning and establishing project goals.
· Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material strictly in accordance with company policy, US Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency (RMA) guidelines, etc.
· Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams or 3rd-party vendors
· Leadership, communication and collaborative skills are critical
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, adjusters, agencies, agents, the State Departments of Insurance and the general public. Maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Possesses developing analytical skills, as well an aptitude for decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure, effectively & efficiently multi-task, set and shift priorities, and adapt to change
- Pays attention to detail and relates them to the understanding of the big picture
- Organizational, time management and project management skills are imperative
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.