We are engaged with a global company who has many years of success and experience designing and manufacturing quality and innovative products in NA and abroad. Working as a Tier one Supplier, in collaboration with OEM’s to develop new technology components that will be a part of the next generation’s products! Join a collaborative work environment that has a visionary leader and a strong, engaging culture that will have future career opportunities beyond this position.
Provide quality Engineering leadership and support in new product and process introductions, process and product improvements, safety, and problem solving to drive continuous improvement in the assigned area. Act as a technical resource to address issues that impact product quality and customer satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the Quality Management System for designated areas. Plan and execute inspection strategies for work cells to improve quality and optimize efficiency. This includes developing and maintaining controls plans and records consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning Reference Manual. Conduct capability studies and measurement system analysis; prepare visual aids to assist with quality determinations.
- Conduct audits of work and processes for compliance to requirements and objectives.
- Review, analyze and report out on key quality data from designated areas. Disposition of non-conforming material. Take corrective action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Lead and support continuous improvement activities to reduce variation and waste to acceptable targets.
- Communicate and liaison with customers to establish a general positive relationship. This includes coordinating and responding to PPAP requests, corrective action requests and warranty reviews. Participate in customer audits. Review, evaluate and communicate customer specific requirements.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to quickly identify the root cause of quality issues and then use problem solving ability to provide an immediate interim solution. Facilitate the team to enact permanent corrective action to resolve the identified root cause(s).
- Participate in new product development and change management activities including associated risk analysis. Support the development of new and revised products, processes, and specifications to meet customer and internal quality system requirements and targets.
- Provide appropriate training as required.
- Manage processes to contain & prevent purchased part quality issues from impacting the external customer. Coordinate with and support the Supplier Quality Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- 3 - 8 years of related work experience
- Working in Construction/Ag/Automotive Vehicle Industry preferred
- ISO9001/IATF 16949
- Print Reading w/GD&T
- APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, MSA, SPC
- Structured Root Cause Analysis
- 8D Corrective Action Process
- “Certified Quality Engineer” designation from ASQ preferred, but not required.
- Auditor Certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience in Lean - Six Sigma preferred, but not required.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.