We are excited to be working with a leading global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment that services multiple industries, recruiting on a critical need in their Minnesota facility. With over 25 locations across the globe, our client maintains accountability and transparency to team members, suppliers, customers, and communities. Position is located South of the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN metro area and reports to the Quality Manager.
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer who can support manufacturing operations, influence across departments and impact continuous improvement opportunities. This opportunity has high visibility and opportunity for upward movement in the future. The Quality Group helps create and maintain the culture of customer satisfaction through quality products. This is a position that will be present on the manufacturing floor. This position will plan, coordinate, and direct the applicable areas of the Quality Management System designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through others:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Perform and coordinate internal audits/training to ensure continuing compliance with Quality System Standards (ISO 9001) and the manufacture of safe products.
- Identify and implement key quality metrics within the manufacturing process.
- Create and implement PFMEA, control plans, and standard work.
- Lead the investigation, resolution and prevention of product and process nonconformances and assigned corrective actions.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support efforts to implement problem solving and root cause analysis tools across the organization.
- Performs statistical analysis of production process and drive corrective actions, not just recommendations. Ability to coach and motivate others on the ‘why’.
- Identify deficient areas and improve quality processes for increased efficiency and reduction of factory escapes.
- Utilize internal and external supplier performance data and may work directly with key suppliers on improving quality of purchased materials.
- May direct employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assist in budget planning and implementation.
- May directly supervise the employees in the assigned section of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Responsibilities may include training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- BS Degree in Engineering, ideally industrial, welding or manufacturing engineer OR a 4-year degree and 6+ years of related work experience.
- Working knowledge of EN, ASME and ASTM, AAR standards are desirable.
- Experience in process improvement, supplier quality assurance, welding of ferrous metals, destructive and non-destructive examinations, and supervision are a plus.
- Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to problem solve; compose reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information to all levels of the organization and respond to questions.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Fundamental knowledge of calibration of measurement devices.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.