Quality Engineering Manager
I am excited to be working with a leading global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment that services multiple industries, recruiting on a critical need in their Minnesota facility. With over 25 locations across the globe, our client maintains accountability and transparency to team members, suppliers, customers, and communities.
Quality Engineering Manager
Our client is looking for a Quality Leader who can lead a team, influence across the organization and impact change. This opportunity has high visibility and opportunity for upward movement in the future. The Quality Group helps create and maintain the culture of customer satisfaction through quality products. This is a very hands on team that ensures as business needs change, quality process and results are continually evaluated for progress or new solutions implemented.
- Overall responsibility for production quality including process/product improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Works with leadership team to select and prioritize Six Sigma projects to align with strategic goals related to process/product improvements.
- Sets the strategy to identify product quality/process issues and leads teams to analyze data, determine root cause and implement effective corrective actions utilizing Six Sigma techniques.
- Will create SPC’s for various processes and ongoing reporting tools
- Will be visible on manufacturing floor and influence staff engaged in production inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, processes, and products.
- Tirelessly focuses all teams on quality issues, influences, and holds staff accountable to fix issue
- Inspires change in others
- Creates a learning environment by influencing and training to product/process improvement team members in the use of Six Sigma tools such as statistical process control (SPC), process mapping, flow charts, histograms, and root cause analysis.
- Work with Engineering on critical component reliability and related product specifications to achieve strategic goals.
- Maintain compliance for the design and manufacturing of all products.
- BS Degree Engineering with a minimum of 10 years Quality experience (3 - 5 years Management experience) in a manufacturing environment, medical or automotive experience a plus
- Experience in a medium volume manufacturing environment, Engineer to order (ETO) experience preferred
- Lean six sigma, root cause analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proven results in improving quality performance across multiple processes and with multiple internal groups
- Proven experience training others in quality concepts and activities
- Proven experience leading, influencing and being a change manager
- Exceptional communicator