Over 50 years ago, an owner started the metal shop with a single vision: Make customers happy by manufacturing their most challenging parts with the highest quality. Today, our client has diversified services and offerings, added facilities and employees, but continued the vision: achieve customer satisfaction; deliver on time, in tolerance, part after part, run after run. With customer relationships that continue year after year, our client is known for their integrity and in providing high quality products.
Quality Inspector Job description:
To perform a variety of inspections before, during and after production. To help insure compliance and improvement in all areas related to quality. This quality inspector reports to the Quality Manager.
- Inspection of all incoming materials and products.
- Inspection of setup, in-process and final production articles.
- Documentation of products, materials and procedures.
- Creation of processes and procedures for products and equipment.
- Maintain ISO compliances.
- Maintains in house calibration cycle, to include gage and fixture control.
- Creation of FAI, capability studies, control plans, and other inspection criteria as required.
- Continuous improvement and process improvement.
- College coursework in applied science or a technical field preferred or equivalent QC specified training.
- 3-5 years (minimum experience) as a Quality Inspector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ISO 9001.
- Demonstrated knowledge of reading and interpreting technical prints and drawings.
- Good computer skills required. (Excel, Word, etc)
- Experience working in metal fabrication manufacturing highly desired