We are engaged with a global company who has many years of success and experience designing and manufacturing quality and innovative products in NA and abroad. Working as a Tier one Supplier, in collaboration with OEM’s to develop new technology components that will be a part of the next generation’s products! Join a collaborative work environment that has a visionary leader and a strong, engaging culture that will have future career opportunities beyond this leadership position.
Quality Engineering Manager Position Description:
Quality Engineering Manager provides leadership of quality engineering support in new product startups, continuous improvement, process improvements, safety, problem solving, waste reduction and cost reductions in meeting company metrics and goals.
- Manage and direct the Quality Engineering team to ensure proactive creation of quality products, as well as effective and efficient resolution of customer concerns.
- Key contact for company in customer related communication on quality status, including corrective action responses, customer visits, quality presentations, PPAP status, customer certification and satisfaction surveys and follow-up on open issues. Liaison with customers on escalated issues.
- Support continuous improvement process and activities.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives as it relates to quality engineering.
- Troubleshoot vendor issues associated with the defined product families.
- Assign resources and act as a resource to the manufacturing floor to support any issues that may have an impact on product quality.
- Take ownership of the quality system, which will include control plans, process capability studies, visual aids, forms, etc.
- Ensures the develop and maintenance of Prototype, Pre-launch and Production Control Plans consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning Guild lines. Conduct Capability studies and measurement system analysis; prepare visual aids to assist with quality determinations. Conduct audits.
- Oversee the maintenance of quality records that support this activity and the quality system development. Deploy forms and record retention procedures.
- Take corrective and/or preventative action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Take preventative action based upon the regular review of quality assurance data to reduce variation and waste.
- Develop and maintain customer quality requirements documentation, as appropriate, and disseminate this information to assure compliance with stated requirements. Provide on-site support as required.
- Ensure that quality systems and procedures are maintained and effectively used by all associates. Support and direct TS16949 efforts. Manage continuous improvement programs.
- Provide manufacturing process oversight to assure product compliance and seek process improvement opportunities. Lead quality initiatives and provide leadership for the quality system in manufacturing. Provide quality leadership for any issues that may have an impact on product quality.
- Oversee quality problem investigations and lead the implementation of corrective and/or preventative action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Lead the implementation of preventative action based upon the regular review of quality assurance data to reduce variation and waste.
- Collect, analyze, and report internal/external quality data. Provide recommendations for improvement projects and activities as related to product quality, manufacturing, and/or business processes. Report on quality to be published monthly; trending to occur quarterly and present to quality team and management for review.
- Lead and support supplier development requirements. Provides ongoing support of supplier’s quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Manage and participate in the change control processes with the supply base, with timely and cost-effective implementation.
- BSME, or Equivalent BS Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of Quality Engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of management and/or supervisory experience
- Must have Industry experience with TS16949, APQP, 8D and strong problem-solving skills (Automotive supplier)
Please include a resume with your application.