Quality Manager will ensure the company's Quality system is understood, executed and maintained throughout the facility. The Quality Manager is responsible to provide the leadership to the Quality Assurance Department and the overall plant to ensure that all aspects of the Quality Assurance system are in place and functioning effectively. Be a key contributor to the leadership team of this 600-person, two-shift, operation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance department is staffed with trained and high-performing team members. Provide guidance, training plans and feedback for areas of improvement for Quality personnel as appropriate. Ensure that annual EPR (Employee Performance Reviews) are completed and reviewed with staff as required.
- Ensure effective MBOs are in place for each team member and are monitored at regular intervals. Identify potential roadblocks and assist in counter measures to remove those roadblocks to improved performance.
- Ensure that the team members they oversee are adhering to all safety, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Be a critical contributor to the Plant’s goal to Delight Customers. Support and drive initiatives that aid in presenting products devoid of customer dissatisfiers while meeting internal quality standards. Develop relationships with customers to promote a harmonious relationship.
- Provide resources to act as customer liaison with inspection personnel. Ensure process exists to train inspection personnel on internal Quality system and provide Inspection orientation.
- Help drive the plant’s First-Time Quality initiative. Identify repeat defects and utilize the Quality Assurance System (QAS) to target inspections and present performance data to Production for resolution. Work with production leadership to identify plans to address those areas.
- Support Operational Excellence and Lean Culture objectives with special emphasis of those areas related to Quality.
- Support and endorse the use of the Quality tools to drive Quality and Continuous Improvement. This includes support and completion of A3 projects and completion of Six Sigma Green Belt training as appropriate. Ensure that the tools are clearly understood, functioning as intended and providing the desired results.
- Be strategic. Focus the Quality departments and the organization’s finite resources on the highest-impact issues and have the discipline and managerial courage to de-prioritize other activities.
- Collaborate with other Quality Managers to ensure a consistent approach to the execution of Quality system.
- Provide leadership and resources to ensure that all Plant cell teams have trained and high-performing Quality department representation supporting the cell team. Ensure Quality is active participant in problem resolution, scrap reduction and improvement opportunities for the cell.
- Identify quality synergy opportunities between all orgs.
- Support the maintenance of ISO 9001 registration and company Management System including providing Quality department representation in the internal audit process.
- Oversee corrective actions required at the plant for Quality issues identified after delivery to customer locations.
- Responsible for Supplier Quality Assurance including providing trained resources to support First Article inspections and NCP process (non-Conforming part), issuance and follow up of SCANs (Supplier Corrective Action Notices) and resolution of Supplier Quality issues.
- Develop annual operating budget and monitor performance to budget on monthly basis.
- Provide trained resources and support Advanced for company’s Product Quality Planning process to ensure that Quality planning for upcoming builds is completed in a thorough and comprehensive manner. Ensure all available sources of data for planning purposes are being used effectively.
- Provide trained resources for product inspections and ensure inspections are carried out in a standardized and consistent manner between inspection personnel.
- Promote good labor/management relationships through settlement of issues in a timely basis.
- Provide resources to support the issues encountered with product deliveries.
- There may be times that the Quality Manager will be asked to provide resources that can oversee specific activities for the whole company (examples are specific Quality roadmap item, problem solving team, special skill set)
- Provide resources for critical customer issues, may require customer visits when necessary. 10% Travel with position.
- Provide resource to attend Supplier Assessments/Supplier visits when requested.
- Provide resources for cross-functional projects as required.
- Keep abreast of new developments and trends within the Quality profession
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance
- 3+ years of managerial experience; preferably experience managing managers
- Excellent ability to work directly with Customers
- Experience preferred with Fortune 500 company
- Experience preferred in an industry that produces low-volume and high-mix vehicles (e.g., aerospace, commercial vehicles, recreational vehicles or related).
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.