Regional Sales Manager
Do you build sales, want to work for a 100 year old "start up?'" Do you have GROCERY RETAIL knowledge in the Central US? This is the job for you.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales and distribution within the critically important regional and conventional class of trade throughout the Central US. The position exists to build market share, increase brand value and sales while establishing long-term relationships with Key customers, brokers, and distributors within the assigned Channels. This role reports to the Director of Sales.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Customer Focus
Responsible for managing key accounts (Hy-Vee, AWG, Albertsons Southern, HEB & Regionals), excluding Whole Foods and Sprouts, in the Central US and Texas. Beyond customer experience, Broker management skills are vital. Must have an existing strong relationship with Retailers in the Central US & Texas
Meet / exceed annual revenue and profit goals for all company’s products in the assigned Region.
Have a “hunter” mentality in prospecting and selling customers in the region within the key retailers and have a supportive broker interaction ongoing
Maximize sales and distribution of products to targeted customers through the execution of best-in-class Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, Shelving (MAPS).
Review existing client base and create a customer review process. Execute an annual calendar of client's headquarter visits and business reviews with existing and prospective customers.
On-going tracking and improvement of key performance indicators including ACV, % ACV Distribution, Average Items Carried, Item Penetration, Market Share, Sales per Point of Distribution, Total Points of Distribution, and Velocity.
Manage Brokers by preparing regular interface to track performance and planning. Setting and reviewing clear initiatives and goals for the short-, medium- & long-term growth
- Manage and control Region working trade spend budgets to expected results and within trade management tool.
- Manage pricing and contract concessions to guidelines as outlined by sales management.
- Achieves satisfactory sales, profit and market share performance of products and services to budgeted standards.
- Manage and control region expense and travel budgets to expected results.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in the CPG, Food & Beverage Industry.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze and think strategically with attention to detail
- Experienced in launching new products into market
- Good grasp of P & L drivers, and willingness to learn and adapt
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills are important as is entrepreneurial flair and flexibility. This is a fast moving and complex business that will test your emotional resilience, positive motivation, and personal drive.
- Unquestioned personal and business integrity, high ethical standards and a highly professional approach to their relationships and their position.
- A self-directed, self-starter who can work well in a fast paced, “roll up your sleeves” work environment; must be able to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment.
- Full competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- A team player – Results orientated, goal driven and accountable with an entrepreneurial edge
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to contribute flexibly on a small team
• Ability to be a team player & work with cross functional business partners
• Ability to define a problem, collect data, draw conclusions, & make recommendations
• Strong knowledge of syndicated data required
• Excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of retailers use syndicated data
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to take initiative and ownership
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Strong presentation skills
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.