Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provides the management and administration of the Bank’s vendor management program.
• Assists with the gathering of data and monitoring of the Bank’s vendor Partners. • Organizes, prioritizes, and compiles due diligence reviews on third parties, under agreed-upon time limits.
• Evaluates information to develop a written analysis that supports risk ratings of third parties.
• Contributes and participates in applicable management meetings relative to third-party risks.
• Work with current vendors and bank staff to ensure that vendors are meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and providing services at a level of excellence that meets the Bank’s expectations.
Compliance, Internal Audit, and Risk Management
• Performs operational risk assessments along with completing the strategic and reputational risk reviews.
• Partner with VP Compliance & Risk to create, implement, maintain, review, and oversee an effective risk management system.
• Executes detailed reviews risk assessments to identify gaps in risk identification and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems, or human errors.
• Participates in projects and activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, laws, and regulatory trends.
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Support
• Partners with the Bank’s BSA officer to identify and create solutions to address gaps in controls, mitigate risks, and enhance training.
• Monitors internal controls and ensures the Bank’s BSA, AML, and OFAC policies are in compliance with related laws and regulations.
• Prepare and file accurate and timely CTRs or SARs at the direction of the BSA Officer.
• Supports the BSA officer and performs other BSA duties, as assigned.
• Assists departments throughout the Bank with special projects and functions.
• Performs all job functions and interactions with fellow bank employees, customers, vendors, and prospective customers within the guidelines of the Bank's Core Values.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities
• Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues through completion of all required online training, and attendance at in-house and external training presentations.
• Performs all job functions in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking policies.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or related field or related experience.
• Five (5) or more years of direct industry experience, knowledge, and training in Third-Party Risk.
• Three (3) or more years of Banking experience.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends.
• Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills.
• Self-starter with a passion for compliance and appreciation for the rules.
• Flexible to change in a growing organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including speaking, listening, and presenting, through the use of a phone and computer.
• Ability to listen and speak clearly and effectively to others and negotiate acceptable resolutions.
• Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to establish and foster strong professional relationships with both employees and external sources such as auditors and examiners.
• Experience using various computer programs and systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, FCRM, and Fiserv Premier applications
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.