Sales Finance Director
Looking to join leading-edge and global company with a forward-thinking approach? Versique’s Client, a global manufacturer, is hiring a Sales Finance Director to join their dynamic team. Join a growing company with a strong financial backing and a team of highly experienced financial professionals, including a tenured industry CFO with a strong reputation and a deep understanding of best practices. Partner with executive leadership to help advance the goals of this company’s extensive product lines.
This position is responsible for every aspect of financial planning & controlling for the Company sales organization: including annual budget planning, multi-year strategic planning, monthly variance analysis & root cause identification/tracking and forecasting results. Net sales and margin management are a key aspect of the role and working with senior leadership of the organization to understand results and upcoming business. Establishing operating expense budgets, monitoring them and providing any actions needed to stay on budget is an important aspect. This position is a critical partner to the CEO and President positions of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop team members through coaching and mentoring resulting in a high performing team.
- Lead annual budget planning and prepare monthly forecasts including Revenue, Margin and Costs.
- Accountable for the implementation and execution of internal controls.
- Monitor performance and determine improvement areas by developing/managing key performance indicators for critical department metrics.
- Responsible for creating and enforcing required counter measures, action follow-up and tracking of initiatives.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the various types of sales activities and build relationships to actively manage.
- Collaborate with the Controller for projects, Project Managers (PM’s), Project Analysts, procurement, and engineering to support development and maintenance of monthly project cost forecasts.
- Coordinate financial reviews with senior leaders and management board to ensure proper support for sales/order management, expense management, pricing, margin and working capital management, as well as forecasts.
- Develop relationships with finance & controlling team in global headquarters and actively work with them to drive additional transparency in financials.
- Collaborate with the Credit and Collections team to optimize Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) by managing cash collection and payment terms.
- Understand and support all aspects of the daily operations by working with the accounting team on topics including invoicing, accounts payables, and accounts receivables.
- Partner with legal department to facilitate effective contract negotiations with customers.
- Analyze quotes and tracking of new business opportunities to mitigate effectively legal, credit and financial risks.
- Support to financial reporting, accounting, and project financing requirements.
- Ensure Accounting Rules and Procedures are followed, including proper costing of project business.
- Participate in annual audits.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or similar field of study.
- MBA in Accounting or Finance and/or Designation of CPA or CMA preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of financial experience preferably in sales management and minimum five (5) plus years of leadership experience.
- Experience or exposure with risk management policies and procedures.
- SAP experience or similar.
- Business Intelligence (systems), Business Objects or similar type of data extraction.
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate to Advanced.
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines.
- Team leadership experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; managerial skills; organizational skill to identify priorities and meet deadlines; computer skills in identifying flow of transactions.
- Able and willing to work alternative schedules including weekend, and on-call hours as needed.
- Able to work in a general office environment.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.