SAP Business Analyst – FICO
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers in industrial automation. With more than 4.200 employees in 28 subsidiaries as well as sales partners in further 60 countries, the family-owned company offers solutions for factory and process automation.
The SAP, the Finance and Controlling (FICO) specialist will provide leadership as well as hands on experience for implementing “best practice” processes in the Finance and Controlling module of SAP. Leveraging business acumen and system expertise, this person partners with Finance and IT leadership in the execution of business requirements and translating business process into systems functionality. This role manages daily operational support with business end users and also contributes as a member on projects assisting with collecting requirements and translating them into solutions, testing, training, and influencing best practices.
The candidate is ultimately responsible for his/her area of SAP, including blueprint optimization, customer satisfaction, managing consultants and delivery of projects, with minimum day to day supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the User Subject Matter Experts, user community, other SAP business analysts, SAP development team and other team members on IT projects.
- Researches, analyzes, designs, identifies and facilitates process improvements that focus on providing standard SAP functionality to meet business requirements wherever possible.
- Ensure that FICO issues are handled end-to-end in terms of integration with other SAP modules.
- Provides training and mentoring to others in the company related to area of expertise.
- Defines and implements best business practices, adhering to the business standards for the FICO functional processes.
- Translates business requirements into detailed functional specifications, test scripts, and other system documentation while adhering to company standards.
- Identifies costs, benefits, risks, and alternatives in proposed system designs and their impact on the integration with other systems and SAP modules.
- Performs SAP configuration to support changing and new business needs.
- Troubleshoots application problems and proposes optimal resolutions.
- Supports for monthly and year-end activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, administration or business related major. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Requires 7 years’ experience in an SAP ERP environment, with at least 3 years front end business experience as an accountant or finance professional, and 5 years of experience supporting the Finance and controlling functions within SAP FICO.
- Experience with at least one full life cycle implementation.
- Experience with system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support.
- Must be an SAP accounting and costing expert. Ability to implement best practices of AP, AR, banking, internal orders, and product costing including general ledger, controlling area, cost center accounting, project accounting and profit center accounting, knowledge on how to create cost elements, cost center, valuation profiles, internal orders and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with creating training documentation, technical documentation and also business process documentation.
- Experience working with business users, building consensus among various areas, understanding requirements and translating them to technical solutions in SAP.
- Experience in a repetitive manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Experience with new General Ledger and Business Intelligence reporting