SEC Reporting Manager
Opportunity to make an impact in a newly created position with a recently IPO'd, early-stage company.
This newly created position will lead the SEC reporting and will be responsible for the production of the required financial statements filed with the SEC. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in SEC reporting, technical accounting and be able to perform technical accounting research as required. This person will also develop and maintain the accounting policies, including assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards. The candidate should have experience with the requirement of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and will maintain and complete appropriate controls. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a great opportunity with a publicly traded company and have extensive visibility with senior management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the preparation of all SEC filings.
- Participate in monthly close procedures related to technical areas.
- Perform technical accounting research and provide guidance to accounting & finance teams, including the preparation of internal memos.
- Ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and disclosures under US GAAP and SEC, including the development and maintenance of accounting policies.
- Assisting with the preparation of earnings releases, including financial exhibits, conference call script, and other communications / presentations for accuracy and completeness.
- Interact directly with independent auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Completing XBRL tagging for SEC filings and manage SEC filings within WDesk.
- Collaborate with the controller of accounting operations to establish and ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Identify and promote process improvement to streamline business procedures and systems.
- Collaborate directly with FP&A on consistency of financial reporting, including non-GAAP financial information and chart of accounts structure.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 6-8 years’ experience strong technical accounting background including GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience researching and preparing accounting analysis for complex transactions
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads
- CPA with Big 4 public accounting and SEC reporting within a public company needed
- Familiarity with SAP preferred