Looking to join leading-edge and entrepreneurial company with a forward-thinking approach? Versique’s client, with HQ in St. Paul, is a growing technology company working in the life safety space. Join a company with a strong financial backing and a team of experienced finance and accounting professionals. They’re targeting high potential candidates who can work to improve processes, create efficiencies and grow their scope of responsibility in the organization.
The Senior Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager and the Controller in ensuring the financial & operational accounting functions are completed accurately and timely for the company. They will perform journal entries for month-end close, prepare the financial reporting, perform intercompany reconciliations and analysis, prepare and file sales & other non-income tax returns, and prepare/review account reconciliations in accordance with company policies and guidelines. The senior accountant may also assist with the general oversight of accounts receivable and accounts payable and have back-up responsibilities for these functions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support monthly financial close process including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, flux analysis and variance explanations.
- Prepare various financial and operation metrics for Corporate Financial Reporting.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in the account reconciliation process within Blackline by ensuring timely preparation of assigned account recs, review of those prepared by the Staff Accountant and resolution of reconciling items.
- Manages all sales tax collection, filing and reporting obligations via Avalara.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll in ADP.
- Provide internal and external audit support and act as a key driver in facilitating the annual SOX Compliance Program by performing control testing and identifying and mitigating residual risk.
- Leverage technology and systems to drive continuous improvement and streamlining efforts within financial and reporting processes.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA/CA required.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficient required.
- HFM/Hyperion preferred.
- ERP/Consolidation Systems preferred.
- State, local jurisdiction tax preferred.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement preferred.
- Payroll preferred.
Versique’s Finance & Accounting executive search team pairs highly-skilled and experienced professionals with Minnesota’s best companies. Learn more about our outstanding Team and Talent Activation process that ensures technical skills and culture alignment for our candidates and clients.