Senior Analyst-Consolidations & Reporting
Our multi-billion dollar global client has a wonderful opportunity for a Sr. Accounting Analyst to be groomed for a Manager role. Be part of transforming this accounting and finance organization.
This Sr. Analyst-Consolidations and Reporting role is a key member of our multi-billion dollar global client. In this position you will be responsible for preparation of internal and external financial statements and reporting deliverables, global consolidations and technical accounting research. This role will be groomed to be moved into management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting, close, and US GAAP reporting assistance to global subsidiaries
- Monitor and record topside journal entries, including late adjustments, consolidation entries, differences in accounting standards, and purchase accounting
- Monitor and control the inter-company elimination process
- Review reporting packages provided by global subsidiaries
- Prepare select monthly reports for global finance
- Participate in the overall management of global financial systems
- Prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual investor presentations, and ad hoc inquiries
- Coordinate with the global auditors for the completion of the annual consolidated financial statement audit
- Review significant contracts and recommend/document accounting treatment
- Assist in maintaining documentation and execution of internal controls
- Identify any areas or processes for improvement. Evaluate current practices, determine if there are any risks or opportunities, and recommend improvements/changes.
- Review and recommend updates to current policies and procedures annually.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to global finance, treasury and tax teams
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting required
- MS in Accounting or MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience required; 2-3 years in a Big 4 audit role and 1-2 years in an industry reporting role preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Strong organization and project management skills, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the capacity to anticipate and develop new processes with minimal direction
- Proficient knowledge of computer skills including MS Office applications and intermediate technical skills related to accounting applications