Senior Applications Engineer
Our client, a $20+M division of a successful, privately held Minnesota manufacturing company is looking to continue to grow, innovate and offer knowledge and product solutions to their customers. They need an experienced engineer to work with their team. This engineering opportunity with our Minnesota client, offers visibility and potential future opportunity across the businesses. I am looking to speak with electrical applications engineers who are knowledgeable and have experience working with customers to problem solve and understand root causes within electrical systems and with electrical products.
Roles & Responsiblites:
The Senior Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting the staff, field representatives and customers with any issues or questions regarding customer specific application, product design, or process information as requested. The applications engineer will conduct any failure analysis on defective material returned and generate the appropriate report with the results and conclusions. This person will work with both the sales team and supplier base on any customer product design opportunities as assigned for quoting and manufacturing. They are responsible for all of the co-listing activities with the safety agencies regarding all of our power level products and will handle all of the duties associated with any of the environmental reporting details such as RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years’ experience working in Applications Engineering or Field Applications Engineering within a similarly related product industry – sensors, switches or related electrical products.
- Past experience and familiarity with approval agencies such as UL and ENEC, preferred.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia, preferred.
- Technical CAD knowledge – both hardware and software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proven problem solver in root cause analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as well as outside the organization with persons installing and product users.