You’ll work on a small team of engineers to build a robust, scalable, and intuitive set of tools and APIs that allow customers to configure and order our products. You’ll work closely with front-end and backend engineers on several teams within the org. We encourage everyone to collaborate across roles to help find the best solutions possible. Additionally, third parties integrate our platform APIs and depend on us to keep their businesses going.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain scalable services, APIs, and tools used by internal and external engineering teams
- Debug production issues across many services and levels of the platform
- Work collaboratively with technical and business teams to provide the best possible experience for our photographers’ clients
- Most of the projects revolve around HTTP requests, AWS Lambda functions, and MongoDB scripts
- Write Python code to generate PDF previews of products customized in our web product editors
- Building or modifying endpoints in Hapi to ease integration of external partners by allowing them to pass in supplemental data when ordering photos generated by our web product editors
- Debugging and maintaining internal tools used by designers to generate high fidelity card designs, made in Illustrator, into data our web product editors can understand and render
Required Skills & Experience
- Have a strong interest in building and understanding systems; if you have proven experience doing so, that’s even better
- Be able to jump between frameworks, databases, and languages while debugging complex problems across an entire platform
- Familiarity with AWS (Lambda functions primarily) is preferred, but not required
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.